Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My, My how things have changed!!!

After an extremely long hiatus I returned to Lancaster recently on a work related call. Don't worry, nothing to do with politics or developing. LOL
In any case, I was appalled at the sheer number of vacant houses and lots in lieu of the developer rush of just a few years ago. Developments such as the older more established neighborhoods are virtually the same, but take a look at Steve Topletz's "Boardwalk" development on the north side of town. I'm sorry...what'd you say? The name isn't Boardwalk anymore?
That's right! Now it's "Boardwood" or "Millwalk" or something nonsensical like that. They say desperation breeds inventiveness and I guess this proves it! Clearly the reason these overpriced and disjointed lots aren't selling has nothing to do with the lunacy of trying to sell $200,000 homes in a city with an average household income of $44,000! It must be because of the name... Yea, that's the ticket! The unmitigated incompetence that these guys continually display really force me to question the sanity of those that have allowed them to rise to their positions. I swear this guy must fart in the tub and bite the bubbles... that's what kind of stupid you'd have to be to think this will work. Changing the name... gimme a break!
Oh yeah, what ever happened to that fancy new school you and Lewis were going to put over there? Guess that didn't quite workout either...

No comments: