Tuesday, February 13, 2007

No Inland Port and more Importantly...No Cultural Center!

Lancaster, what can I say? Every time you put your hopes and dreams behind something it turns into crap. Realizing that the designation of an Inland Port was an important goal toward making Lancaster the next "boom" business location. I was disappointed to hear that the designation now appears out of easy reach. As important as that is, bringing true commercial validity to the area along with countless possibilities in area wide improvement. I can't help but to shed a tear for another lost cause. Kimberly's Multi Cultural Center. Speaking of which, how is the multi cultural center based in a predominately Black community coming? Not one of the brightest ideas I've heard of but in the interest of being polite...nah, the hell with that. How is it going! Let me guess, no participation from other counsel members (because they all know it's a dog), no funding (because...well it IS a dog), and no public interest...why...you guessed it. It's a dog. I mean that in the nicest possible way and have to apologize to dogs around the world because the idea is actually much worse than a dog but that's all I could think of off hand! Maybe Tommy could fund it? Oh, that's right, he's not "in town" and certainly wouldn't give to anything that didn't promote his future development interest! Steve? you gotta be joking! The Chamber? They know better. No, I think if you're going to make this fly, you're going to have to put in some work. Maybe dress in multi-cultural garb and pan handle a bit, I don't know. Just brainstorming. After all, I certainly see why the youth of Lancaster might want their parents to come to a place where they can explore the cultural differences between themselves and others. That's much more helpful than any scholastic support initiative that your "due diligence" funding could have brought about. Answer this Kim, how many books could the city have bought and donated to LISD for the 2 grand or so that you got to find a consultant to tell you what I just told you for free?

No comments: