Tuesday, December 26, 2006

EPAC dies but not without a death bed confession to Texas Ethics...

The truth, for all of those just joining in, is that I was EPAC. That is, I and Tommy Tompkins along with several of his developer buddies that all contributed through the names of wives, sons and anyone else they could think of with a checking account. The PAC took in funds that were negotiated by Tommy with the sole purpose of unseating Carol Strain-Burke. That's right, it had nothing to do with Clyde's seat ( we also supported Ben Barnes in 05' ) or Susan's seat ( supporting her opponent Prince McDowell ), it all had to do with Carol. You see, Tommy hates Carol because she won't give him what he wants...Lancaster! It was my job to prop ANY candidate up against her and with no experience or know-how, get them to win so that they would do what Tommy wanted, namely fire Jim Landon ( or move to do so ) and over turn the impact fees. Both of which are utterly impossible to have done by one counsel member anyway.

Today I filed my last report and dissolution paperwork as well as a four page affidavit describing my role in lobbying, supporting, and undermining the Lancaster political scene for the expressed purpose of supporting developer requests given directly to me by Tommy Tompkins and to a lesser extent Steve Topletz. Just in case there was ANY legal question as to my validity in doing so, I copied the URL and receipt address of several emails supporting my claims, and offered two recordings made with my trusty IPAQ during Tommy's more verbose rants. If I get so much as a phone call from either, I'll release the same information to every local news organization and will make my way to the Dallas County Prosecutor's office to discuss the legality of developer actions in regard to Lancaster and other cities that I've been working in. Although I've been told there hasn't been any illegality, I'm sure it would make for good bathroom reading for many local city officials in Dallas, Collin, Tarrant, and other counties.

I also took great pleasure in turning over all records to the IRS including documents that named Tommy as the originator of North Texas Economic Trust. ( A move he quickly had the attorney reverse but not before they sent out a letter acknowledging their actions in doing so. ) Good thing too! The IRS seemed to be very interested in why a developer would have an RV salesperson with NO prior experience start a "Trust" and a "PAC" all in the same two month period. Definitely one of those times when my youth and inexperience actually helped me! You see, they deduced that Tommy ( unnamed in all financial paperwork except the forming documents ) had unusually high access to me through email, phone, and personal meetings to not be financially tied to me in some way, so where did he make his money? This is a question I'm sure the IRS will pursue although they weren't allowed to discuss the matter with me. In any case, you'll be happy to know that I willingly turned over ALL documents that they requested and a few they didn't even ask for.

2 comments:

Gadfly said...

Hi, Namon.... or so I assume.

Very, very interesting.

Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat twitter[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or little-understood avenues to generate an income online.