Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Not a penny more...

After two and a half years of total loyalty to "the cause", however misguided it was, I received my final check from "The Developers" today. True to form, there wasn't a penny more than the bare minimum to meet their idea of what was fair. Business to the very end... and that's okay. Sure the use of my skin color for political leverage, the use of my youth to create questionable entities such as a "charitable" trust that does no charities, and a political action committee that only focuses on specific developer interests make me a little bitter. ( And the IRS a little curious ) Yet, there was always that "carrot" out there of learning the development field and one day "Starting my own small development with the backing of friends."

What a liar! Shove that carrot straight up your... Sorry folks, got a little off track there. Anyway, I'm sure that Tommy had good intentions when he found me comfortably selling RV's in Denton, Texas. I'm sure that he had only good intentions...right? After all, he put so much money into... Wait, that's right, he never wrote a check! (Except one to James that was promptly returned in lieu of the timing in which it was written.) He simply had others write checks for him. That being said, at least his name was on the property... Oops, that's not the case either, it was all in cloudy partnerships that eventually led to ...his wife? What's her name doing there? (All Public Information, by the way)

Yet, excepting responsibility for my decision to follow a worm into his hole, I can't be very mad about getting dirty. I can, however, continue to use my spare time to talk about my experiences and opinions as they pertain to Lancaster and those that might endeavor to harm it. After all, it's not like I got paid enough to retain any loyalty to anyone.

No comments: