Monday, January 22, 2007

Imagine That...Tommy's Still Screwing With Lancaster Politics.

Well, I can't say I'm surprised to have heard it. Yet, one has to wonder about the motivation behind Tommy Tompkins' apparent voiced support of Morris Mosley for candidacy against Carol Strain-Burke for the District 1 Counsel seat. Yes, I realize that he'll deny it to your face but take it from someone that's been on the other side, if he can figure out a way of supporting Morris without the money being traced back to him...he will! For reasons that are too long to list here, Tommy absolutely hates Carol and will do anything (legal or otherwise I presume) to get her out of Lancaster politics.
Here is what I think will happen. Tommy will begin probing the "powers that be" for interest in supporting someone against Carol. He'll look high and low for an alternative to supporting Morris but in the end doesn't care who runs against Carol as long as he can control them (a task easier said than done with Morris anyway). Now, provided he CAN find an alternative, he'll present that alternative to the various developers and builders doing business in Lancaster as the saving grace in their quest to build out every square inch of the area. This is where he'll beg, and I do mean BEG, for money. You didn't think he was going to spend his own, did you? If he can convince someone that he's able to change the political landscape of the area, then he can sell the land that has become utterly useless to him through lack of zoning! It's a hard sell too! The builders and developers want to hear things that just aren't possible or probable and Tommy, the consummate liar, is more than happy to accommodate. Impact Fees? We'll get rid of those the minute we get our guy in there! Zoning? No problem, we'll get everything zoned for 4000 sq.ft. lots and zero lot lines...You get the point. Scumbag! I can't wait until the campaign. I'll be happy to track, via Texas Ethics Commission records every donation given to opposing candidates to Carol so that we can see how many independent developers are messing with Lancaster politics. Oh, and I'll find you. From business owners, to their wives I'll find out what companies they represent and how much they've given. Hide behind your junior marketing sales adviser? No problem, I'll run a detailed search on every single contribution and publish the names and jobs of contributers for all to see in glorious splendor! As much as you jack with local politics, I'll jack with you.
Leave Lancaster to be governed by those that have a vested interest in its future. Not because of how much money they'll make but because of how long they plan to stay. Do so, or like roaches in the dark, I shall shine my light upon you!

No comments: