Friday, January 5, 2007

Penny Pinching Goat Humpers, meet a true Millionaire

After working a long day, I was called into the owner's office to discuss a matter of great concern to him. I was told that he was disappointed and genuinely pissed off that he hadn't been "trusted" with the same knowledge that others on the sales floor had. Having no idea what was being discussed, I inquired sheepishly and much to my dismay, the event he was referencing had to do with my personal financial plight in the wake of dealing with Tommy Tompkins ( AKA Goat Humper ) and Steve Topletz ( AKA Cheap Bastard ). My new boss expressed that he was angry that he had to find out about how these guys screwed me from a mutual friend. After a long conversation about the situation and my reasoning for never bringing it up, he offered...no, demanded that I bring him the paperwork associated with the debt so that he could pay it! No loan, no obligation, no question. You see to him the amount is nothing. He confided that he had that much available in his petty cash! He simply wanted his employees free from that kind of burden and respected my attempt to deal with it myself.
You see, although I resigned myself to dealing with it alone, this guy realized that as an employer THESE GUYS WERE IRRESPONSIBLE at best and total ASSHOLES ( yeah I spelled it out ) at the worst. I tend to lean toward the asshole theory myself. His theory was that if a MILLIONAIRE can't afford to pay what this sum ended up being, then maybe they weren't what they seemed after all. Me? I disagree. I think Tommy and Steve are exactly what they appear to be. One's a penny pinching... and the other is a backwoods, goat humping...
You guess which is which, I'll bet you're right the first time. In any case neither have what I've found in my new boss. Decency.

No comments: