Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Low Home Sales, Druids, and Pigs...besides you Tommy.

After a fairly good day at work and a less than spectacular basketball game (my daughter's), I was pleased to come home to the news already being on. Expecting the same political dribble, and Iraq retro speak, I was pleasantly surprised by a news article done on, what else, the housing industry! My favorite subject! It said that the housing market hasn't been this LOW since 1989! What great news! It also said that home builders and...here's my favorite part...DEVELOPERS are "Feeling the pinch of slowed home sales." You see, good things do happen when you don't expect them.
This is great news for Lancaster for many reasons, not the least of which being that slowed building progress constricts the availability of homes for sale allowing foreclosed homes the opportunity to be considered without the possibility of a newer (cheaply built) home lingering as a comparison. It also allows for farms and ranch style homes to maintain value rather than getting lost in a sea of newer larger "minnie mansions." In short, it's great for everyone except the developer scum that litter the countryside. Granted, QUALITY DEVELOPERS aren't worried or even phased by such news. They build a product that takes advantage of a slowed market because the more discerning buyer is less effected by the economic environment that slows home sales in general. Unfortunately for Lancaster, Tommy and friends aren't them.
By the way, how's the pig farm / future archery range coming? I mean, that's about all "The Preserve" will amount to be at this point right? A pig farm with no pigs, or an archery range with no arrows. I recommend turning it into a star gazing site or a circus tent storage facility. You might try a kite flying contest location or a possible Neo-Druidism tree worship compound. Just trying to help, because that's about the only list of people that may be interested in buying the stuff from you...Of course, you ARE going to sell it to someone else to develop(wink, wink), so I'm sure none of this will be needed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you crack me up.

Anonymous said...

Ouch, this is pretty harsh stuff. I can tell that these people finally did to you what they have been trying to do to us for years. At least you know now who you were representing.

RVPIMP said...

Yeah, I know that I have to temper down my anger when dealing with these guys but I haven't said anything yet that wasn't accurate to what I've seen and taken part in. Harsh would imply that they don't deserve exactly what they are getting and that simply isn't true. Do they deserve to have their homes overrun by crack addicted, gun toting desperadoes...well maybe, but I won't write that until I feel it to be true...Okay now I feel it.

The Shootist said...

Reading all of this makes me glad to live in my modest area, away from the drugs, crime and chaos.

This Tommy and Steve duo sound like a couple of real shysters. Please keep them in Lancaster. Don't share them with the rest of the DFW area. We have enough problems.

RVPIMP said...

Shootist,
The problem is that you won't know these guys are in your sleeping bag until they're crawling out! They play shell games with their company names and hide behind wives, children, other developers that may or may not realize what kind of people they're in bed with. It's really kind of frightening!