Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Change...

Sometimes things happen that turn out for the better. Sometimes not. I was having a conversation with my new boss after being promoted (Yeah, I'm that good!) and he commented that success is something that is as illusive as it is sought after. He went on to explain that money, family, and peace with a "higher power" are all nice, but it's that tingle of joy you feel when a child is born. That ten to fifteen seconds that your heart races and your emotions seem to overflow that everyone seeks but can't hold on to. In other words, life is all about change and once something changes the ripples effect everything from that point onward. You can't make it stand still, you have to ride it out.
It got me to wondering, what else might be changing that may ripple onward in Lancaster? The MLK Parade is coming up! I wonder if the city will get behind the man that has pioneered the MLK preservation movement in Lancaster? Hmmm... I bet not.
Realizing that most consider Roosevelt crazy as a sh&t house rat, he IS the man that started the year round reverence of MLK in Lancaster. Is that worth anything to those that would take the parade away from him? I have my differences in opinion with Roosevelt on some issues, but overall he's not a bad guy. He shows up every year to promote, organize, and participate in the parade and often at his own expense. Sure, some of you (especially those of you at the city offices) will say he does a horribly job and last year proves it, but I want to offer up some food for thought.
First of all Steve Topletz backed out at the last minute with his PROMISED funding because he wanted his name larger than Martin Luther King's name on the brochures! Go figure, a rich white developer that didn't see why that might be offensive. Racist piece of shit! Yeah I said it! Cover the kid's eyes on that part if it bothers you.
Anyway, you have no funding, and to add insult to injury, Larry Lewis shows up high stepping his alligator shoes like it was Fat Tuesday and a Kappa Party all rolled into one. You know what...I take that part back, the Fraternal Order of Kappa Alpha Psi, INC. does not deserve to be associated with that visual.
Well anyway, my point is that Roosevelt shouldn't be penalized for one bad year. By the way, it's not that I don't like Larry, I actually do like him. Most of what I say in my blogs are more designed to "jack with him" than anything else. I do feel that he's missing the boat, train, cable car, and Studebaker on the bond issues and his manner of going about getting them approved. But who am I to criticize. I rather think he's creating a legacy of ineffectiveness that will live on in infamy. A body of work that many will come to know as a near work of art in failure. I applaud his commitment to utter failure and hope someday to have that kind of blind dedication to a lost cause. For now though, I'll work toward personal success...I'm just weak that way.
But since you asked, the people I do think are worthless pieces of shit are...drum roll please...

Tommy Tompkins- ( wins hands down! I hope you drop dead where you stand you goat )
Steve Topletz- ( F#*k you too, you're just as bad and just as fat you jackass )
Marvin- ( well, you're just a dumb ass for bring my family into your conversations. got a problem with what I say? I ain't got a "triangle" to ring but we're servin up Texas sized ass kickins at my house 7 days a week and twice on Sundays, come and get it! )
Kimberly- I'm not really mad at you but correcting someone in the manner you did over your name being Kim-berly instead of Kim was just stupid. There's better ways of handling yourself as you'll learn when you lose your seat this year.

Did I mention Tommy? You slime ball!

3 comments:

Gadfly said...

I don't think Rosey is that crazy, myself. Perhaps somewhat disorganized at times, but his heart is certainly in the right place. I say that as a friend and as someone who did at least a little bit of work on previous MLK parades with him.

Anonymous said...

I agree, Rosevelt isn't crazy at all. Maybe a little misguided in the fact he allowed the city to hijack the parade and MLK festivities from him and those in the community who helped get it all started. This arrangement was too much like making a deal with the devil. Roselvelt gambled to accept the resources of the city while at the same time distancing himself from the very people who helped get it all started. Face it, this is no longer a community event, therefore lacking the community's support and involvement.

Please don't associate Larry with Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., for one he is a member of Phi Beta Sigma probably because he is a Kappa reject and i'm sure they would not want to be associated with him.

RVPIMP said...

Point well taken anonymous, I felt truly remorseful after making such an association.Sorry