Monday, January 1, 2007

New Year Resolutions.

A time tested tradition among many families is the tradition of making New Year Resolutions to lose weight, be a better person, manage money better, etc. As I sit and enjoy a few moments away from the rustle of family life, I've been reflecting on myself and if there's any need for a resolution in my life. You know, some effort of improvement that will change my life for the better in new and amazing ways. Maybe I should strive to forgive those that have wronged me, after all my pastor says that by harboring anger I simply hurt myself and the ones that I "hate" aren't even aware of my feelings in most cases. Perhaps I should try to spend more time reflecting on my daughters and their many needs for the future. Maybe I should resolve to meditate and get in touch with the inner me.

Naah, I'm gonna continue to hammer irresposable A$$holes like Tommy and his pet ferret Steve. As for the "anger hurting me...bit",Sorry Bro. Robert, I feel just fine, actually I feel better when I picture these guys facing an impending housing market reduction and stacked inventory of lots. Maybe they don't know that my part time job is to inform anyone that will listen that they are the biggest male genitalia craniums developing in the southern region. In fact, I feel dirty describing what they do as developing, it's more like carving up God's creation for future slums. Clear cutting nature to make room for glorified barns with two elevation choices! Then as if to insult us all, the developer has the nerve to present themselves as "doing the city a favor" for bringing this brand of cheap piece meal growth to the area.

Let's go over this so everyone understands. When you develop a 4000 to 5000 sq. ft. lot you are expecting your builder to build a maximum of a 2000-2500 sq. ft home on it. Now, although there ARE builders that build a quality product in that size range, we have to exclude them from this equation because these scumbags don't do business with them. They do business with the companies that are only interested in maximizing the number of roof tops on the given acreage. So, we have a 2000 sq. ft. home built on a 4000 sq. ft. lot and because of the lack of room for the kids to play, and the fact that all of the homes are identical except for the one guy at the end of the street that HAD to have the lime green paint, these homes are going to sell for $85,000 base with several upgrades available. Yet, most customers in that price range, like most of us, are looking to maximize their investment and won't upgrade anything. After all $85,000 is a good price and we'll add stuff later. The sales person tells us that the payment's going to be $780 per month and since we can only afford $750 we agree to "cut back" on eating out for the sake of our new home. We move in... Great scenario right? Building new homes for young America? Wrong!
You see, in a year when improved property adjustments raise the estimated value of our home that $780 will go up to $860 and we certainly can't make that payment on our already stretched budget! Plus the new neighbors are a group of college students that are renting a property purchased by a guy that lives in Florida and has no idea that they're building their own Archery range in the 900 sq. ft back yard. This would all be tolerable if the police hadn't arrived fifteen minutes ago to ask that you ignore the "gang unit" van, parked in your driveway, for a day or so until they can bust the gang members that have taken over the abandoned property at the end of the street!
Sound absurd? Not if you live in Lancaster. Actually, if you live in Lancaster check the mirror, you'll find yourself doing one of two things. Nodding because you know I'm right or shaking your head because you think I'm wrong. If you're the later, go back to bed...the medication has already kicked in! Because if you think I'm wrong you're on some strong stuff ( possibly provided by your neighborhood "Pharmacist" C-Lo or Trick Dog or whatever other bulls%it name these kids come up with. A short message for the brothers in the mix, realize that the product can't maintain. It has NO FUTURE and life is too LONG for such short term thinking. Don't believe me? Ask anyone serving 5-10 how LONG life can be.
Anyway, my point, as always is that Tommy and Steve are Mother Fakers, Sons of Beaches, and most of all Oz holes.

No comments: