Monday, January 1, 2007

Put Up or Shut Up!

This short post is dedicated to the many people that have given lip service to Vic over the past few years. People that are quick to approach him in public and proclaim their resounding devotion to the cause of getting him elected as mayor of Lancaster. Not that Vic wouldn't do a good job, but how many of you actually show up when it's time to vote. Careful... I have a copy of the voter registration logs for last year. I mean, the gesture is nice but when fifty people ask a man over and over if he's going to run then disappear when the actual election comes around it has to be a little frustrating.
Think I'm crazy? Maybe so, but you explain to me how a town of 40,000 with an overwhelming Black majority only turns out 6% to 7% of the total population in major elections! Where is everybody else because I know that the traditional votes of close to 1800 will always turn out of Carol, and Dick's districts yet James' and KIM's (yeah I did it, I called you Kim with no "berly" on it, ooooooh) districts are weak in turn out and they have the highest density of homes!( Because Tommy made it so) Of Course, Clyde has a substantial voting base available through Millbrook and surrounding areas, and Susan has Riverside apartments that turned out an astounding 7 votes in 2005 after an aggressive vote campaign in the complex. Really 7, it blew me away that any place could be that apathetic!
I just wonder if everyone that beckons for change really want it. You see, when I'm thirsty I go to the fridge and get something to drink. Seems pretty simple to me, just like voting.

No comments: